Rita Crundwell High Rolling AQHA Breeder Pleads Not Guilty to $53M Theft
Prosecutors allege former Dixion, IL comptroller Rita Crundwell stole $53 million to support her horse business and lavish lifestyle by transferring city funds to a secret account.
It is unknown if Crundwell's farm manager and boyfriend, Jim McKillips, knew about the alleged theft.
Her horses were handed over to US Marshals after a judge's forfeiture order was received late last week.
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA v. RITA A. CRUNDWELL NEW
- Indictment: Rita Crundwell Stole $53 million to Fund Horses
- 69 Page Warrant Details Crundwell Seizure
- Horse Breeder in Theft Scandal Fired
- Rita Crundwell: Free on Bond
- AQHA Breeder Arrested by FBI, Charged
Resource: Rate My Horse Pro, www.ratemyhorsepro.com, http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/high-rolling-aqha-breeder-pleads-not-guilty-to-53m-theft.aspx
Posted at Tuesday, May 08, 2012 in General